The Senior Internal Auditor will be responsible to the Manager, Internal Audit in the performance of his/her duties.
1. Assisting in the development of annual audit work plans, assignment plans and programmes;
2. Performing audit tests on the internal controls in accounting, administrative and operational procedures including information systems;
3. Ensuring that the audit findings are properly documented;
4. Preparing and issuing primary audit reports detailing audit findings;
5. Interpretation of financial control and management resolution of the Placement Service;
6. Reviewing and developing audit techniques and procedures for financial as well as comprehensive audits;
7. Expressing opinions on the adequacy, effectiveness and efficiency of all systems and control procedures in place to achieve established objectives, and recommend corrective actions to improve operations, enhance internal controls and reduce cost.
8. Assist in monitoring and auditing risk assessment exercises and the implementation of risk management guidelines;
9. Preparing periodic audit reports.
1. Have a minimum of five (5) years’ relevant work experience in the Public Service or in the Private Sector;
2. Have a Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following fields: - Commerce, Economics, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Business Administration, Finance or other relevant and equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
3. Be in possession of the following: - CPA (K), CISA and CIA or any other relevant and equivalent qualifications from a recognised institution;
4. Be a member in good standing of the following professional bodies: - CPA (K), CISA and CIA;
5. Have a certificate in a supervisory course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognised institution;
6. Be proficient in computer applications;
7. Fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution;
8. Show merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.